Update September 8, 2019.
We are currently providing services in Saigon for SEO for Google Vietnam.
For companies in Saigon with a physical location, there are very large opportunities. Google Maps is still prominent in Ho Chi Minh City SERPs. If a website optimizes, they can drive 2-5x more walk-in customers to their business. From Nguyen Hue to Bui Vien to Hai Bà Trưng, if you have a consumer or B2B location, we can optimize your site to appear in top two results on Google My Business, aka Maps.
After three years living most of the year in Ho Chi Minh City, I’m now confident in my understanding of the differences with Google’s database between USA and South East Asia. Consider, firstly, that AdWords in the developing Vietnam economy is not an important revenue stream for search engines’ pay per click (PPC). Historically, that means a company like Google spends less money on perfecting their algorithm for organic results.
Google totally and completely turned to direct profitability concerns in the last few years, with little to no regard for nurturing relationships when there is no transactional benefit for them. Rand Fishkin is in the lead in showing that the Mountain View company is pushing VERY hard on their search monopoly with little interest in sending traffic off their website. Google in 2019 scrapes and borrows (steals?) copyrighted content on a large scale.
In Vietnam, SEO’s focus almost entirely on gaming search engines. This is misguided. There are opportunities to write legitimately fantastic content and to link-build with traditional PR outreach tactics. But the disconnect with “gaming” vs. doing real company work is greater here than any other country I’ve done SEO in.
Currently, ClickStream is working with Beauty Review, and their success is a clear endorsement of why playing geek, nerd games with Google is not needed to rank high in the Vietnam SERP! The site is run by a former magazine editor and PR executive. Her outreach and editorial guest contributions mean the site is getting 600 visitors on good days, every week. BeautyReview.co is a very, very new website. In the first few months, it’s just bootstrapped content marketing, but it is ranking for highly competitive keywords.
Search Engine Optimization Jobs in Vietnam, with ClickStream
We’ve filled openings, but are always looking for qualified candidates.
Are you passionate about being a pro at content marketing? You want to work with industry leaders, not just those at agencies that can sell services but have little experience with big dog content marketing strategies? You have at least 1+ years of experience focused on digital marketing, website design/dev, media relations, or SEO?
Hack (optimize) The Google Robot
This is a location-dependent position. You will work in District 1 or 2 of a super exciting digital nomad capital, Saigon. You can also work remotely part of the year in any country you chose.
- Work and train directly with Founder, Eric Van Buskirk, who oversaw nine of the largest SEO and content marketing data studies of 2016 and 2017 (for Neil Patel). He was also the Project Director for one of the 3 largest rank-studies ever conducted (“1 million search results,” done for Brian Dean).
- Free, paid training.
- Work with 360 degrees of SEO needed for client sites.
- Best of class workspace in Saigon.
- Super smart, enthusiastic co-workers. We only hire people that contribute to a pleasant work environment.
What You’ll Learn
- The most advanced and sophisticated content marketing tools: ahrefs, SEMrush, PitchBox, MarketMuse, and Screaming Frog
- Link building via guest post outreach, as well as 10X or Hero Content or Skyscraper outreach— If you’ve done media relations PR you have super existing skills for this.
- keyword research techniques using ahrefs and SEMrush.
- Research and implement SEO recommendations for website architecture. Technical SEO skills related to, for example, page load times, server caching, proper canonicalization for large websites, htaccess & robots.txt files, 3xx and 4xx HTTP response codes.
- Native English speaker and writer. Vietnamese writing skills useful, but not required.
- 1+ Years digital marketing, earned media, media relations, or SEO
- Minimum of intermediate skills with MS Excel and Word.
- Strong writing skills
Not required, but useful:
- WordPress or Shopify CMS experience
- Your experience monetizing websites with affiliate marketing is a +1 for you.
- Experience in a client-facing role? +1.
- All “earned media” (organic) digital marketing experience, especially with an agency, +1 for you.
- Google Analytics certified +1 for you.
ClickStream is an SEO agency based in USA and run in HCMC by Eric Van Buskirk, its founder. Van Buskirk and ClickStream oversaw nine of the largest SEO and content marketing data studies of 2016 and 2017. The research was for client Neil Patel (NeilPatel.com). The main focus for the studies was keywords, semantic SEO, and how links affect search engine ranking.
Van Buskirk was also Project Director for the “1 Million Google Search Results” rank study for Brian Dean of Backlinko. It was the number one up-voted piece of Q1 2016 on inbound.org and GrowthHackers.com. Current clients are in USA and Europe. Prior to that, he oversaw major accounts for SEMrush, a top 2 research tool for SEOs.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME WITH COVER LETTER TO:
Vanbuskirk clickstream.cc or use the contact form