You need assistance from an expert who collaborates with top digital marketers in the US, someone that works on the bleeding SEO-edge. Eric Van Buskirk is the Founder of ClickStream. He oversaw data-driven articles for Neil Patel, a Forbes top 10 global marketer, and for Brian Dean’s epic 1 Million Google Search Results rank study. He’s your man. Get your link and keyword audit today!
Technical, onsite-audit analysis includes
- How effectively does your content move users through the sales or conversion funnel?
- Are pages poorly coded such that Google can’t crawl your site properly?
- Is internal link architecture giving proper weight to pages according to their relevance?
- Any broken or missing code and links?
- Any speed bottle-necks for fast loading pages?
- HTML code directives to search engines crawlers to help them understand your content.
SEO, content strategy and further fixes from a keyword Audit
- Specialized SEO software data is graphed over Webmaster Tools so you do an end-run around Google’s nasty “not provided” non-analytics.
- Content maps are created from the analysis for new pages and updating existing pages or blog posts (updating old blog posts is a hugely overlooked, highly effective content creation and ranking strategy).
- What competitors can you bump out of Google page one positions? This is not your mom and dad’s “keyword research,” in fact, it’s more sophisticated than what the top enterprise SEOs are doing. Van Buskirk bridges the gap between content strategy— work often done by creatives and writers who don’t understand data-driven content— and SEOs who are too reliant on highly structured keywords.
Map and strategy for updating pages and new posts
We analyze all words related to your website based on semantic and phrase similarity. These come largely from semantic keyword analysis of other similar websites and web pages. Final determination of which keywords and topics to focus more heavily on is based on:
- Value of visitors
- Similar “authority” and “trust” for websites in the same sector who already showed they could rank on the words.
- Keywords central to other won keywords on your website so a common theme is built, helping both search ranking and topic thoroughness for visitors. Google wants to see content that is “on theme” and semantically related.
Auditing your link profile and outreach campaigns
Link building is more indirect today. It’s not a matter of “placing” a link to your website from another. It’s about creating value which makes people want to link to your website. And make no mistake, links still account for about 50% of the positive signals that determine how well you rank on search engines. Below are some of our link audit tactics and the follow-ons.
- Is your link profile natural, or did someone manipulate links so it’s unnatural? Where did your competitors get mentions that are opportunities for you? Of the best performing competitors, what does their link profile look like: this helps us understand best-case examples to follow.
- Are links from bad neighbourhoods disavowed in Google Webmaster Tools? Necessary changes will be made.
- Link sleuthing: Few people like to do it, but link sleuthing is one of the best ways to build quality links over time. For example: We’ll find bloggers and site owners who link to you incorrectly (broken link repair), mention you without linking, or link to similar content, and politely ask them to correct broken links or link to you.
- Create data-driven infographics related to your sector and submit to blogs and websites: offer to write some short, unique content for them to publish with the infographic.
- Outreach to pitch text question interviews with experts at your company for contacts’ blogs.
- Outreach for guest blogging opportunities for experts at your company.
- Big data journalism. Van Buskirk publishes his “data science” pieces on authoritative websites. Looking at Google search metrics and using SEMrush data he finds industry trends that are newsworthy for clients. We’ll publish content on your website that media websites will cite after doing an outreach campaign.
ClickStream needs to be part of your team during an SEO and content strategy project. Expect contact by phone regularly. He remembers the days of rotary telephones, before push button. Communications is not complete when confined to messaging with text.
Contact us today for your SEO Audit or to engage our services on a monthly retainer.