You need assistance from an expert who collaborates with top digital marketers in the US, someone that works on the bleeding digital-edge. Eric Van Buskirk is the Founder of Clickstream. He’s your man.
Key SEO Audit Analysis
- How effectively does content move users through the sales or conversion funnel?
- Is your website 100% mobile responsive?
- Are pages poorly coded such that Google can’t crawl your site properly?
- Is internal link architecture giving proper weight to pages according to their relevance?
- Any broken or missing code and links?
SEO, Content Strategy and further fixes from A Full Audit
- SEMrush data is graphed over Webmaster Tools so you do an end run around Google’s nasty “not provided” non-analytics.
- Content maps are created from the analysis for new pages and updating existing pages or blog posts (updating old blog posts is a hugely overlooked, highly effective content creation and ranking strategy).
- Who can you bump out of Google Search engine positions? This is not your mom and dad’s “keyword research,” in fact, it’s more sophisticated than what the top enterprise SEOs are doing. Van Buskirk bridges the gap between content strategy— work often done by creatives and writers who don’t understand data driven content— and SEOs who are too reliant on highly structured keywords.
- Ranking of most important keywords and topics is followed by “position tracking.” Reports supplement Google Analytics to show goals met based on your KPIs.
Map and Strategy for updating pages and new posts
Analyze all words related to website based on semantic and phrase similarity. These will come largely from semantic keyword analysis of other similar websites and web pages. Final determination of which keywords to “win” is based on:
- Value of visitors
- Similar “authority” and “trust” for websites in same sector who already showed they could rank on the words.
- Keywords central to other won keywords on your website so a common theme is built, helping both ranking and cohesiveness for visitors. Google wants to see content that is “on theme” and semantically related.
Link Building and Outreach To Promote Content Assets
- Link building is more indirect today. It’s not a matter of “placing” a link to your website from another. It’s about creating value which make people want to link to your website. And make no mistake, links still account for about 50% of the positive signals that determine how well you rank on search engines. Below are some of Van Buskirk’s strategies.
- Are links from bad neighborhoods disavowed in Google Webmaster Tools? Necessary changes will be made.
- Link sleuthing: Few people like to do it, but link sleuthing is one of the best ways to build quality links over time. For example: We’ll find bloggers and site owners who link to you incorrectly (broken link repair), mention you without linking, or link to similar content, and politely ask them to correct broken links or link to you.
- Run contests with your product or service as prizes to build both traffic and links. Outreach to potential entrants on Twitter via data analysis of their authority and tweets related to use of your product.
- Create data driven infographics related to your sector and submit to 25 websites hosting shareable infographics.
- Outreach to pitch text question interviews with experts at your company for contacts’ blogs.
- Outreach for guest blogging opportunities for experts at your company.
- Big data journalism. Van Buskirk publishes his “data science” pieces on authoritative websites. Looking at Google search metrics and using SEMrush data he finds industry trends that are newsworthy for clients. We’ll publish content on your website that media websites will cite after doing an outreach campaign.
Van Buskirk needs to be part of your team during an SEO and content strategy project. Expect contact by phone weekly or bi-weekly. He remembers the days of rotary telephones, before push button. Communications is not complete when confined to messaging with text.