Hack (optimize) The Google Robot
This is a location dependent position. You must currently live in Saigon, Vietnam.
- Are you passionate about content optimization and/or learning how to rank high in Google?
- Or is is something you want to try out for a while to see if it interests you?
If you chose #1, please move along: nothing to see here. If #2, please read on!!
- Must be comfortable committing for one year at least. Will report directly and receive training from company’s founder. Training is during first month and is paid.
- Very competitive training and post training salary
- Best of class work space in D2 (The Hive: http://thehive.com.vn). We may relocate to D1 in 2018.
- Some remote work also possible from your home in Saigon.
- Fluent English writing and speaking skills required.
- 1+ years digital marketing experience required for consideration.
- Basic/beginner or higher SEO experience.
- Minimum of intermediate skills with MS Excel and Word.
- All “earned media” (organic) digital marketing experience, especially with an agency, is useful.
- Must be very “Web savvy,” particularly via desktop, not just mobile.
ClickStream is an SEO agency based in USA and run in HCMC by Eric Van Buskirk, its founder. Van Buskirk and ClickStream oversaw nine of the largest SEO and content marketing data studies of 2016 and 2017. The research was for client Neil Patel (NeilPatel.com). The main focus for the studies was keywords, semantic SEO, and how links effect search engine ranking.
Van Buskirk was also Project Director for the “1 Million Google Search Results” rank study for Brian Dean of Backlinko. It was the number one up-voted piece of Q1 2016 on inbound.org and GrowthHackers.com. Current client are in USA and HCMC. Prior to that, he oversaw major accounts for SEMrush, a top 2 research tool for SEOs.
More About Candidate Skills and Experience
Useful but not required
- Scripting or programing skills. Client/server tech understanding
- Strong writing skills
- Those that worked or studied 1+ years in an English language country will get preferred consideration, but that is not a requirement.
- WordPress or other CMS
- Sales: if you’ve sold digital media services, you can contribute part of your time to building client base. We have the leads: This work also qualifies you for commissions.
- Client services: Have you worked in a client-facing role?
Projects will change frequently, providing the opportunity to learn new internet marketing techniques and process. Some of the work may be simple, but it must be done thoroughly without errors! Attention to detail is critical.
Since these are entry level positions you will have to work on a significant amount of administrative assistant tasks such as building reports in spreadsheets, updating text and plugins for websites via content management systems, and rudimentary research on competitive websites.
Sample responsibilities and projects
You learn to use the leading SEO and content marketing tools from someone that actually worked with Senior Management at all these most used software companies.
Outreach for SEO link building
You’ll learn how to use the Pitchbox. This is a leading application for PR and SEO outreach. Van Buskirk will generate prospective outreach targets using the automation settings in the software that finds prospects. You will narrow down to the ones that make sense to pitch via email. The software gives you quick access to look at metrics that would identify a website as a good fit.
Reporting and Tracking
Use industry leading software (which you’ll be trained on) such as SEMrush and Ahrefs to hack the Google Robot and create reports on results.
Research Outreach Targets Via Competitors
Using Majestic and Ahrefs, Van Buskirk will create lists of websites linking to Clickstream client competitors. You will help identify who we can target to also “pitch” free content in exchange for links.
Formatting Excel Sheets
It’s not glamorous, but much of the work invoices data research. To do this, we frequently need to have data in an excel sheet formatted. Advanced excel users will have advantage over other job candidates!
Research Websites For Semantic, Topic Analysis
Van Buskirk creates “indexes” about groups of websites in particular sectors (for example, “user identification management”). You would take direction from him in identifying websites to appear on the Indexes for him to do data analysis.
PLEASE SEND RESUME WITH COVER LETTER TO:
vanbuskirk @ ClickStream.cc