The SEMrush web based interface cannot perform bulk (batch) searches to take advantage of API flexibility. Eric Van Buskirk uses Web based modules he built that have no limits on data pulled from SEMrush. Clients working with him have access to the software to look, for example, at 1000 domains with 30,000 lines of results for each when necessary. These allow deeper and faster analysis of data. Bulk queries with filters and limits give deeper analysis from SEMrush’s massive database. SEMrush accounts come with free API credits IF you have their “Business” plan.
Please contact us if you’re interested in purchasing access.
Entering one search criteria means results are not multivariate. The number of relationships available for comparison goes up exponentially with bulk searches.
SEMrush API Modules: A Higher Level of Search Analysis
Eric Van Buskirk provides custom application modules built to access SEMrush API data and assists you. He’s worked with dozens of enterprise SEOs and agency folks for data driven SEO and content strategy. Need the “tactics” and not just the strategy, yes he’s been in the content and SEO “trenches” for over ten years and can help there.
Clients use the modules to sculpt result parameters with limits, and the size of the returned data is managed in advance. With the SEMrush interface, the same type of advanced and precise data-gathering would be prone to human error and take hours for one by one searches with downloads.
Use of the application includes training with your company by Van Buskirk, and additional project-based work with Van Buskirk is an option. Time is structured in an initial discovery meeting where the most valuable techniques and strategy are agreed on. Van Buskirk can also assist with advanced SEMrush tactics with the software company’s tool interface.
Module Types, NO LIMITS on bulk search!
In this example, retrieve up to thousands rankings per domain. Compare keywords “wins” from group of competitors. Find keywords you want to rank higher on. Look at all the pages that rank for these and analyze the content marketing that promoted these URLs, as well as the inbound links. There many other ways of looking at the “co-occurrences” here.
All API modules are HTML, web based. Run them from Alaska, New York, or Timbuktu—anywhere you’re connected.
Bulk domain or bulk keyword can be entered.
- Set limit for number of lines of results per search entry
- Specify country database.
- Specify historic monthly data (user must have “Guru” level” account.)
- Entry field for SEMrush API key guarantees security.
Keyword Query Tactics to Leverage Modules
- LSI Research and Content Creation: SEMrush may well be the best tool on the market for LSI research, and techniques with these modules taught by Van Buskirk may well be the most accurate of any used today. As with many SEMrush advanced tool features, it takes a “back seat” in creating awareness to easy to use features with the companies training materials. SEMrush cross-references common keywords over millions of domains to determine exactly which phrases are related to one another.
- Van Buskirk helps clients create “maps” of semantically related keywords from SEMrush’s backward engineering of Google SERP. Segmenting into LSI related groups is done using stem words. Limits are set for large groups of “related” keywords to map out keyword associations for content writers and SEOs.
- Google country databases. Look at the competition and metrics for the more popular keywords and see how dozens competitors change their ranking and paid media spends over the last two years from one country to another. AdWords buys show intent, and that intent gives actionable information for content marketing and SEO.
Keyword ranking wins by domain
- How/if Google algorithm change affected a small industry/niche? Which of the competitors got hit with penalties? Look at multiple domains, month to month, for 12 month organic ranking trend. Build visual trend-lines.
- Impact of important industry news or events on websites’ SERP ranking. Using Google News, Google Trends (which uses data that is “smoothed out” and is far less accurate than SEMrush) look for major events. What major changes did competitors introduce that correlate with spends? What can we learn from their content marketing and SEO that we can apply to your efforts for major events in the future? How do events affect getting links in this niche so SEO can be planned in advance with offline events when possible? What future threat do particular competitors pose?
- Search for big-data relationships in organic keyword wins for 100 competitors. This is similar to “charts” or “domain vs. domain” in SEMrush. However, you can now look for trends on a limitless amount of domains—not just 4 or less.
Keyword and Domain Query Tactics
Movements in and out of product and service markets based on AdWord spends. Are the identified competitors moving their AdWords budget away from product types? Are competitors with certain similar media content type or subjects showing improvement in organic ranking which says something about their content—and thus their type of product— being more popular. Does their growth in the SERP show growth via links and via higher spend?
Score co-occurrences of AdWords keywords appearing for multiple industry leaders. What are the AdWords that more than one in a niche are bidding on?
List of Modules for “By Domains” Search
- Overview of Key Metrics
This report provides live or historical data on domains’ keyword rankings in both organic and paid search in all regional databases.
- Domain Organic Search Keywords
- This report lists keywords that bring users to domains via Google’s organic search results.
- Also, “By URL” search for all the keywords with volume over 5 searches a month that each of multiple domains rank on.
- Competitors in Organic Search
This report lists domains’ competitors in organic search results.
Domain Paid Search Keywords: This report lists keywords that bring users to domains via Google paid search results.
Competitors in Paid Search: This report lists domains’ competitors in paid search results.
List of Modules for “By Keywords” Search
- Keyword Overview- Retrieve up to top 20 rankings per entry
Report provides a summary for each keyword, including its volume, CPC, competition, and the number of results in a chosen regional database.